Everybody's Gifted. Everybody Serves. Safe Harbor
You likely know that Hopewellians provide dinners several times each month to the guests at Safe Harbor Shelter in West Chester, one of our Beyond the Walls partners. But did you know that you don’t need any culinary skills to be involved in our Safe Harbor Ministry? You can…
- Provide a purchased or self-made food item. Simply log onto Signup Genius (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b45a9ad2daaf94-safe) and select a date and a food item. Choose among a main dish; a vegetable; a salad, dessert; or rolls.
- Deliver and serve the meal. Pick up the meal at Hopewell, deliver it and set it up in the Safe Harbor dining room.
For more information, or if you’d like the Signup Genius link emailed to you, contact
Deb Boyd at email@example.com.
A new fellowship opportunity for women who are interested in growing in faith and friendship through social events and workshops.
If interested, please contact Stephanie Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hopewell Library News
Hopewell Library News Study packets of Hopewell’s seasonal studies, including DVDs, leader’s guide and worksheets, are available for checkout in the Library, Room Adam. You will find materials to borrow for self-study or groups for:
- Contend for the Faith: Lessons from Jude
- It Is Necessary: When God Says You Must
- Ponderings of the Heart: A Mother’s Reflections
- On This Rock: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches
- He Is Risen: Go and Tell!
- Suffering Servant: Who Has Believed, He Shall See Light
- Advent Dreams
Zoom - A New Serving Opportunity
ZOOM is a new transportation program, developed by Family Service of Chester County. The purpose is to get people to and/or from the Community Volunteers in Medicine clinic in West Chester for treatment by healthcare providers who volunteer their services.
Perhaps you could serve as a ZOOM Volunteer Driver. Drivers self-schedule themselves on-line when they have time to drive. When a ride is accepted, the Driver then contacts the Rider to arrange pick-up details. The Rider might be a pregnant woman for pre-natal care; or a mom with a child; or a senior; or others.
You can be the caring friend who provides transportation as a ZOOM Volunteer Driver.
Required: valid drivers license and proof of auto insurance.
Fee for background check paid by Volunteer Chester County.
For more information, contact Deb Boyd, email@example.com.